The fun starts at 12 noon with a four-hour, free opening of Kinneil House, organised by The Friends of Kinneil and Historic Scotland (last admission 3.30 p.m.)
The Heritage Day gets fully underway with a formal opening at 1 p.m. and will run until 5 p.m. Pirates will perform in the main arena, there will be swash buckling storytelling, face painting, a charity market and lots more to enjoy. The event also marks the end of this year’s Big Roman Week: you’ll be able to try out Roman activities within Kinneil Museum and enjoy the Italian Market too.
TIMETABLE for KINNEIL HERITAGE DAY, SUNDAY, SEPTEMBER 20, 2009
12 noon Kinneil House opens for free tours (last admission 3.30 p.m.) – part of Doors Open Days in Falkirk District.
12.30 p.m. Kinneil Museum opens (closes 4 p.m.) Roman themed activities for youngsters on offer – part of the Big Roman Week.
1 p.m. Heritage Day formally opens. This year’s main theme is Pirates! Look out for:
- Pirates go walkabout;
- Fun for kids – workshops, face-painting, pirate-themed activities;
- Swash-buckling storytelling from Falkirk Council’s library service;
- Central FM’s roadshow;
- Archery demonstrations from Falkirk Company of Archers;
- ‘Saltire Falconry’ birds of prey; and
- Charity Market and Italian Market
3.30 p.m. Last admission to Kinneil House – arrive early to avoid the rush.
4.00 p.m. Kinneil Museum closes
5 p.m. Heritage Day ends.
- Download the flyer for the event here (PDF)
- or check out all the details on the Falkirk Council website.
See our Attractions page for more information on Kinneil House and Museum.