A NEW book on the history of the Kinneil Estate hill climb has been published.
Bo’ness Speed Hill Climb – Scotland’s First Motor Racing Venue” tells the history of Scotland’s first permanent speed venue.
Racing started at Kinneil in 1934 and ran until 1966.
The course, which skirted around the building which now houses Kinneil Museum, was once praised by the motoring press and attracted a range of big name drivers to the town.
Author Kenny Baird’s book is now available through The Friends of Kinneil Online Store – powered by Amazon. Buy through this link – and a donation will be given to The Friends, a registered charity, to promote and support the estate.